Integral Yoga Classes
The Integral Yoga programs and retreats organized and realized at Sundari Centre are grounded on an efficient synthesis of the main branches of Yoga (Hatha Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Tantra Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Yantra Yoga, Mantra Yoga Laya Yoga, Yoga Nidra, etc.). It is known that all the yoga paths lead ultimately to the same destination – to discover in the human being the true and ultimate nature of the Universe, the Self – and the lessons of each of these paths need to be integrated,for true wisdom to be attained. Therefore, the authentic techniques of all these traditional yoga forms are selected and gathered in a complete science of self-discipline that everybody can join, regardless age, gender or level of fitness. Combining the traditional forms of yoga, Integral Yoga balances, harmonizes, purifies, and strengthens the body, mind and soul of the practitioner. It shows a way to perfect health, perfect mind control, and perfect peace with one’s Self, the world, the nature, God.
All of us may have times of stress in our lives – weather the cause is a change of a job, the break-up of a relationship, or giving up smoking. At these times, the regular practice of yoga can provide a port in a storm, giving the security and sense of continuity is needed. Many of our tensions and fears spring from a basic misconception of who we are. Only when we learn to identify with our profound nature, we become able to face the vicissitudes of life with serenity and equanimity.
And for those of us who are already healthy, happy, and blessed with a low level of stress, yoga provides the ideal system to preserve and amplify this state of well-being and harmony for the entire life, giving us methods to explore and discover unexpected new dimensions for a meaningful existence.
As defined by its founder, Sri Aurobindo, the goal of Integral Yoga is to become aware and to harmoniously integrate the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of ourselves, manifesting the Divine on earth. He said: “The transformation of human conscience into a supra conscience is the final stage in the Integral Yoga, enabling the birth of a new individual, capable of living a divine life, here, on earth.”
Integral Yoga Teacher Training Course
The Teacher Training Course of Integral Yoga (IYTTC) is suitable for any person who wants to enhance personal development, gain and maintain health and harmony, and who is looking also to help and to teach other people. This TTC can be attended by people who practice yoga and, also, by the ones that never participated in a yoga class.
The IYTTC is accredited by Yoga Alliance, the world’s largest organization of professionals of Yoga (www.yogaalliance.org), it has a duration of 200 hours and teaches the basic foundations, theoretical and practical, that are necessary for becoming a professional Integral Yoga teacher. We present you a variety of knowledge about the different theoretical fields and the specific ways of acting that characterize the Integral Yoga practice. The specificity of this Integral Yoga TTC is the fact that integrates various types of Yoga, targeting for the future professor to be able, after the graduation, to teach techniques from various types of traditional forms of yoga, as Hatha Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Kriya Yoga, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Mantra Yoga, etc. The intensive schedule of the course aims to develop the physical and mental capacities of the participants, so that, after a month of intense practice and learning, to be able to transmit and teach the techniques of Integral Yoga to their future students. Practicing and learning, the participants will acquire, through direct experience, a deep understanding in this area.
After completing the course successfully, the future yoga teacher receives an internationally recognized certificate, which confirms that he/she have sufficient experience, knowledge and practical skills for teaching Integral Yoga (poses, breathing techniques and relaxation, meditation) to future practitioners of yoga, for beginners and intermediate level groups.
For more information see https://www.sundari-center.com/events/
Join us to this wonderful path of Integral Yoga!
It goes from personal development to longstanding happiness!
Effects and benefits for the Integral Yoga practitioners
Increases and maintains good health
- Improves breathing. Pranayama (the yogic breathing) works on controlling the breath. The breathing pace is reduced, and it involves deep breathes with long pauses and slow exhalation. Breathing this way increases the amount of oxygen in the body, which triggers the body’s relaxation response and enhances lung capacity and endurance abilities
- Has beneficial effects on the heart and circulatory system
- Improves gastric function
- Enhances metabolic activity
- Tones and harmonizes sexual activity
- Help in the period of pregnancy, pain-free birth and postpartum recovery
- Strengthens brain activity and the entire nervous system
- Harmonizes the endocrine system
- Increases immune resistance to pathogenic factors
- Supports pain control
Improves body posture
• Flexible and strengthens all joints in the body
• Corrects and aligns the pathological curves of the vertebral column and the skeleton of the basin
• Strengthens the ligaments and tendons, predicting and eliminating the shortening and ossification
• Tones and strengthens the muscles
• Decrease waist circumference
• Eliminates cellulite
• Maintain proper body weight
• Increases body balance
Harmonizes the mind and emotions
• Increases resistance to excessive stress
• Helps to gain and maintain calm and inner peace
• Awakens memory and self-control
• Enhances attention and power of concentration
• Invigorates the brain
• Amplifies mind-body coordination
• Eliminates the tendency for negative thoughts and emotions
• Develop an attitude of inner tranquility and joy
Help maintaining youth and attaining longevity
- As we see, the practice of Integral Yoga helps lubricate the joints, tendons, and ligaments. It detoxifies the body through certain postures and breathing techniques, leaving your body healthy and refreshed. Due to stress reduction, improved breathing and lowered blood pressure, yoga has an anti-aging effect. It provides elasticity to the spine, helps strengthen your muscles, and removes toxins, so it delays the onset of wrinkles and helps you feel and look younger.
Promotes personal and social development
• Awakens the moral and ethical spirit
• Help for understanding and the attainment of happiness
• Develops physical and spiritual well-being
• Time and constant practice can lead to wisdom
• Increases civic spirit
• Helps the multitude of unconscious individuals to wake up to a new and superior reality
• Produces a better integration of the individual in society, developing better social relations. In this sense, Sri Aurobindo said: “Truth and Knowledge are useless rays if practiced do not bring the power to transform the world.”
9 Modules to improve and maintain your well-being
Designed to improve the quality of our lives, the 9 monthly modules combine techniques and procedures from traditional arts, such Yoga, Qigong, Phytotherapy (plant therapy), Do In, etc. with techniques inspired from various modern domains, such as Psychology Mindfulness, Posturology, Nutrition, etc.
To facilitate the choice regarding individual needs, each class and each module are designed as autonomous, but if you wish a holistic personal development, we recommend a modular participation, in the various themes described below.
The procedures we will learn and practice are easy to do and adapted to the characteristics of each participant in part, with effective applicability in everyday life of anyone.
We notify that the classes emphasize especially the practice and not only the transmission of information, so you need, in addition to a notebook and pencil, a light tracksuit, a yoga mat or a beach towel, comfortable socks and, most importantly, curiosity and enthusiasm in learning and practicing ?
The modules run on every Thursday, from 19.30 to 21.30,in Funchal, at the Pestana Palms Hotel – Lido. The participation can be monthly (by module/modules), or punctual (by class). People enrolled in our Yoga courses have free access.
Participation is open to anyone who wishes to enrich his knowledge and improve his wellness !
- Posture, posture, posture! 8-29. 11. 2018 (November 2018)
– What it means to have a correct body posture, the impact on health and wellbeing
– Techniques to correct, improve and maintain the correct posture and flexibility of the body
- Good-bye cold and flu! 6 – 27. 12th 2018 (December 2018)
-Techniques that strengthen the immune system, helping in resilience to seasonal pathogenic agents
-Advises and tips to avoid the problems generated between seasons change
- The view, priceless treasure of our life! 10-31. 01.2019 (January 2019)
-Techniques to strengthen and maintain healthy eyes and sight
-Advises on hygiene, food, and plants for eye care
- The wonder of relaxation! 7 – 28. 02.2019 (February 2019)
-Procedures to relax and become naturally calm
-Advises and tips to resist stress, eliminate insomnia and improve sleep
- Brain in shape! 7-28. 03.2019 (March 2019)
-Techniques to strengthen mental control, memory, concentration, mental tranquility
-Tips on nutrition and daily habits that keep the health of the brain
- Inhale, exhale… The beautiful symphony of the body! 4 – 25. 04. 2019 (April 2019)
-Breathing techniques to improve and maintain the proper functioning of the respirator apparatus
-Information on the benefits of better blood oxygenation, tips on allergy control, hygiene of the respirator system,
-Miraculous food, healthy habits, and plants that help to eliminate excess mucus
- Detox, vitality and strengthened body! 9 – 30.05.2019 (May 2019)
-Techniques to maintain healthy digestion, eliminate fat unnecessary, strengthen muscle mass and increase the personal will power
-Hygiene of the digestive tract, feeding and plants that increase vitality
- Fortify and protect the purity of your energy! 6 – June 27 (June 2019)
-Program for the control and the purification of the negative personal tendencies
-Techniques and tips for energy protection: individual, home, and the region where you live
- Joy and happiness: external gifts or personal achievements? 4-25 July (July 2019)
-Techniques to overcome sadness, anguish, anxiety, etc.
-Advises and tips on the essentials of a happy life
More information and registration: 00 351 965 239 432; 00 351 964 379 491;email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org