VEGAN PAD THAI
Ingredients for 2
1/2 diced red or green bell pepper
1 medium sliced white onion
1/4 finely chopped white cabbage
3 shredded carrot
3 sliced spring onions
1 hand full of chopped coriander
300g brown rice noodles
1 tbs coconut oil (for cooking)
3 medjool dates
4 tbs tamari
1 tbs shriracha (you can add more or less depending on the spicy level)
1 garlic clove
1 tbs tamarind paste
1. For the sauce: add the pitted medjool dates into a blender, add the tamari, shriracha, tamarind paste, garlic clove and water. Blend until smooth and set aside.
2. Prep all the veggies first to speed up the process. Sauté the onions in a pan with some olive oil. Add the cabbage, the carrot and the red bell pepper.
3. Add the sauce into the veggies and mix. Add the coriander and spring onions.
4. Cut the tofu into cubes and sauté in a pan with some coconut oil and tamari sauce until golden brown.
5. Cook the noodles for 8 minutes in boiling water. Drain the water and wash the noodles in cold water until they are loose. Add them to the veggies and mix evenly until fully coated.
6. Serve with the tofu, some lime wedges, crushed peanuts and some extra sliced spring onions.