- This event has passed.
Integral Yoga Teacher Training, Santa Maria da Feira, Portugal
8th to 28th of July, 2019
While you will deepen your knowledge of yoga and enhance your personal development with Integral Yoga Teacher Training, you will also benefit from a beautiful natural park and will be two steps away from the famous Santa Maria da Feira Medieval Castle. Here, the contact with nature and the sight of the green hills offers an unforgettable experience, full of tranquillity and comfort. Upon successful completion of the course, you could sign up to the most trusted and recognized yoga teaching organization in the world, Yoga Alliance!
• International valid certificate, recognised by Yoga Alliance, RYT200
• Comprehensive illustrated Yoga Teacher Manual, with more than 550 pages
• Theoretical and practical teaching methodologies for 88 yoga techniques (asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation, etc.)
• Excelente quality of teaching and one of the most competitive prices in Europe
• Healthy ovo-lacto-vegetarian meals
• 20 nights accommodation
• Two training t-shirts
• Free pool access
Language and group
20 days with instruction in English/Portuguese
Spoken languages: Portuguese, English, French
The maximum participants in the group is 20 Yoga
Styles: Hatha; Kundalini; Kriya; Integral; Nidra; Karma; Bhakti; Raja; Jnana
Skill level: Beginner; Intermediate; Advanced
Students who complete their subsequent training are immediately eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT-200). Registration with Yoga Alliance provides an international recognized credential. The certificate confirms that he or she has sufficient knowledge and practical skills for teaching Integral Yoga to future yoga practitioners, for beginner and intermediate level groups.
This yoga teacher training teaches the basic theoretical and practical foundations that are useful for becoming a professional Integral Yoga Teacher. The greatest value of this training is the fact that it integrates various types of yoga, which gives to the future Integral yoga professor, after the graduation, the ability to teach techniques from various types of traditional forms of yoga (Hatha, Jnana, Kundalini, Kriya, Karma, Bhakti, Mantra yoga, and more). The course is completed after a final four-hour written exam.
Yoga practical sessions
The practical sessions include the correct execution and the theoretical learning about the benefits and the effects of 88 yoga basic techniques:
• 50 asanas (postures of Hatha yoga)
• 5 techniques of concentration
• 11 meditation techniques
• 4 relaxation techniques, including techniques of yoga Nidra (conscious sleep)
• 12 techniques of pranayama (yoga breathing)
• 6 Kriya yoga techniques (body purification)
Yoga theoretical sessions
• Human anatomy and physiology applied to yoga practice
• The subtle structure of the human being: nadis (energy channels), chakras (energy centers), pancha kosha (the five layers of the human brain), the man and the three levels of manifestation (physical, astral, and causal), Kundalini energy, Jivatma (the soul), and Atma (eternal self)
• The philosophy of Integral Yoga system: Yama and Nyama (the ethics and moral codes); description of various types of yoga (Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Raja Yoga); the three fundamental principles in yoga practice; Dharma explanation; basics about Karma and reincarnation; the description of the three Gunas (the three main qualities of nature); the human mind (mental types, the causes of the fluctuations of the mind, the consciousness and the supra-consciousness)
• A synthetic review of five essential yoga treatises: Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, and Shiva Samhita
• The inspiring life of four masters of Yoga: Sri Aurobindo, Ramana Maharshi, Swami Shivananda, and Ananda Moyi Ma
• Children yoga practice approach
• Pregnant woman yoga practice approach
• Seniors yoga practice approach
• Healthy lifestyle notions
• Ethics of the yoga teacher profession
• Marketing strategies
• How to manage your own yoga classes
• Yoga and the community, etc.
Yoga teaching methodology : theoretical and practical
Include concepts of the learning process, learning styles, and how to teach the techniques of Integral Yoga. During these sessions, you will learn how to give a professional assistance to your future students for a correct realization of the Integral yoga techniques. The professors will also explain how to create a plan of an Integral Yoga class (singular or a set of lessons), the sequence of the teaching of Integral Yoga techniques and theoretical notions, the personal qualities that a Yoga teacher should develop, how to create a harmonious and correct teacher-student yogic relationship.
All the teaching of the course is synthesised in a complete illustrated Integral Yoga Teacher Manual of approximately 550 pages, which contains all the necessary theoretical and practical information for becoming a good integral yoga teacher!
The manual is available in Portuguese and English.
The assessment and evaluation of the students is continuous throughout the program.
• Presence is compulsory, the students will perform a constant practice of the techniques and interesting homework will be indicated for individual study.
• The course is completed after a final four-hour written examination.
• The final evaluation will be a made having three elements in consideration: the participation during the classes (1), the grade of individual study (2), and the final written examination (3).
Typical daily Schedule
07:50 Prasada (consecrated fruits and tea)
08:00 Yoga class – asanas and pranayama
11:00 Basics of practice modules
12:45 Basics of practice modules
15:00 Theory modules (anatomy, Integral yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics, teaching methodology, and marketing)
17:00 Basics of practice modules
20:00 Modules revision, questions and answers, and individual study
The schedule may suffer alterations, depending on the specific circumstances at the time of the program.
Carmen and Eugen
See our team in https://www.sundari-center.com/about/
• Minimum 18 years old. There is no upper age limit.
• It can be subscribed by people who have never practiced yoga. However, the practice of yoga involves a high level of self-discipline and interior purity.
• Does not require any certification of previous courses.
• For the entire duration of the course there are prohibited: the consumption of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, black tea and indecent attitudes.
• Food is ovo-lacto-vegetarian for all the period of the course.
• To participate in the practical classes, students need a comfortable tracksuit, natural fiber socks, a yoga mat, a beach towel and a support for meditation (optional)
With 80 fully equipped rooms, minibar, sitting area with sofas, writing desk and cable TV, Inatel Santa Maria da Feira Hotel also has spaces for socializing and leisure that extend from the interior to the exterior. The hotel restaurant is spacious and airy, with a view torn from the medieval castle.
Outside, there is a swimming pool surrounded by a quiet landscape and painted in shades of green. The hotel also has a tennis court, games room, meeting room, social room, free Wi-Fi, and private parking. During this yoga teacher training, you will be staying in a double room with a private bathroom.
• Swimming pool (outdoor)
• Tennis court
• Free Wi-Fi
• Meeting room
• Parking lot
INATEL Santa Maria da Feira Hotel is situated halfway between Porto and Aveiro. The hotel is surrounded by a beautiful natural park and two steps away from the medieval castle. Here, the contact with nature and the sight of the green hills offers an unforgettable experience, full of tranquillity and comfort.
During this yoga teacher training, you will be provided with daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Your meals will be ovo-lacto vegetarian. Drinks are not included.
- The practical and theoretical sessions (see Program)
- 200-hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Certificate
- 550-page illustrated exhaustive Integral Yoga Teacher Manual
- Comprehensive course training and guidance
- 20 nights accommodation
- Daily healthy ovo-lacto-vegetarian meals
- 2 training t-shirts
- Continued email support from Sundari Center and its community (after the graduation)
What’s not included
- Flight and any other travel expenses
- Airport transfer
- Additional food
- Additional activities
- Yoga mat
Price per person
• All included: 1980 €, in a double room accommodation
• Program participation, lunch, and dinner (breakfast and accommodation not included): 1580 €
• Program participation only (accommodation and meals not included): 1200 €
• A reservation requires a deposit of 35% of the total price
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 40 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
Things to do (optional)
In addition to the teacher training program, there are also some optional excursions, not included, for the ones who want to enjoy the beauty of Santa Maria da Feira. In the surroundings of the city and within it, you can explore some of the region’s points of interest, such as the Caldas de São Jorge thermal baths, the Convento dos Loios (monastery), the Santa Maria da Feira Castle, and the Municipal Ornithological Park in Lourosa, the only country zoo exclusively devoted to birds.
How to get there
Please book your flight to arrive at Francisco de Sá Carneiro Airport (OPO).
Transfer is not provided. The distance from the airport to the TTC location is 36 km.
Transfer to the hotel from the airport is easier by taxi for around 45 EUR to 55 EUR including luggage and tolls. If you pick one from the arrivals or departures, just be sure to ask, before entering the taxi, if the driver knows the place (Santa Maria da Feira, Hotel INATEL) and how much is the price in total.
See below more photos of our courses
The TTC I attended at the Sundari Yoga School was, above all, an evolutionary leap in my spiritual path. Homework help increase my perseverance in daily spiritual practice. I consider the course manual a “bible”, very complete and useful. It was a beautiful and enriching experience, Sofia.
Excellent course that produced transformations in my life and in my being. It has provided me with tools that I have used to help other people to make their “way” and transform their lives, Idalina.
See here more coments of our courses