Madeira Intensive Yoga Teachers Training Course, 21 days, all year long (from May 30 to June 21)
All year long
Deepen your knowledge of yoga and enhance your personal development with Integral Yoga Teacher Training in Madeira, the world’s leading Island destination! Madeira, an island blessed by the sun and in love with the sea is well-known for its inhabitants’ hospitality and the breathtaking beauty of the natural surroundings. Whilst you will transform your life and fulfilling your dream of becoming a Yoga Teacher you may visit Funchal and this uniquely beautiful island. Immediately upon graduation, you are eligible to register with the most trusted and recognized yoga teaching organization in the world – Yoga Alliance!
- International valid certificate, recognised by Yoga Alliance, RYT200
- Comprehensive illustrated Yoga Teacher Manual, with more than 550 pages
- Theoretical and practical teaching methodologies for 88 yoga techniques (asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation, etc.)
- Excellent quality of teaching and one of the most competitive prices in Europe
- Healthy ovo-lacto-vegetarian meals
- 20 nights accommodation
- 2 training t-shirts
- Self catering
- Also there is the possibility to book your own accommodation and participate only to the training
- One to one personalised training
Language and group
20 days with instruction in English/Portuguese
Spoken languages: Portuguese, English, French
The maximum participants in the group is 20
Exist also the possibility of one to one personalised training
Yoga Styles: Hatha; Kundalini;Kriya; Integral; Nidra; Karma; Bhakti; Raja; Jnana
Skill level: Beginner; Intermediate; Advanced
Students who complete their subsequent training are immediately eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT-200). Registration with Yoga Alliance provides an international recognized credential.
The certificate confirms that he or she has sufficient knowledge and practical skills for teaching Integral Yoga to future yoga practitioners, for beginner and intermediate level groups.
This yoga teacher training teaches the basic theoretical and practical foundations that are useful for becoming a professional Integral Yoga Teacher. The greatest value of this training is the fact that it integrates various types of yoga, which gives to the future Integral yoga professor, after the graduation, the ability to teach techniques from various types of traditional forms of yoga (Hatha, Jnana, Kundalini, Kriya, Karma, Bhakti, Mantra yoga, and more). The course is completed after a final four-hour written exam.
Yoga practical sessions
The practical sessions include the correct execution and the theoretical learning about the benefits and the effects of 88 yoga basic techniques:
- 50 asanas (postures of Hatha yoga)
- 5 techniques of concentration
- 11 meditation techniques
- 4 relaxation techniques, including techniques of yoga Nidra (conscious sleep)
- 12 techniques of pranayama (yoga breathing)
- 6 Kriya yoga techniques (body purification)
Yoga theoretical sessions
- Human anatomy and physiology applied to yoga practice
- The subtle structure of the human being: nadis (energy channels), chakras (energy centers), pancha kosha (the five layers of the human brain), the man and the three levels of manifestation (physical, astral, and causal), Kundalini energy, Jivatma (the soul), and Atma (eternal self)
- The philosophy of Integral yoga system: Yama and Nyama (the ethics and moral codes); description of various types of yoga (Karma yoga, Bhakti yoga, Jnana yoga, Raja yoga); the three fundamental principles in yoga practice; dharma explanation; basics about karma and reincarnation; the description of the three gunas (the three main qualities of nature); the human mind (mental types, the causes of the fluctuations of the mind, the consciousness and the supra-consciousness)
- A synthetic review of five essential yoga treatises: Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, and Shiva Samhita
- The inspiring life of four masters of yoga: Sri Aurobindo, Ramana Maharshi, Swami Shivananda, and Ananda Moyi Ma
- Children yoga practice approach
- Pregnant woman yoga practice approach
- Seniors yoga practice approach
- Healthy lifestyle notions
- Ethics of the yoga teacher profession
- Marketing strategies
- How to manage your own yoga classes
- Yoga and the community, etc.
Yoga teaching methodology : theoretical and practical
Include concepts of the learning process, learning styles, and how to teach the techniques of Integral yoga. During these sessions, you will learn how to give a professional assistance to your future students for a correct realization of the Integral yoga techniques. The professors will also explain how to create a plan of an Integral yoga class (singular or a set of lessons), the sequence of the teaching of Integral yoga techniques and theoretical notions, the personal qualities that a yoga teacher should develop, how to create a harmonious and correct teacher-student yogic relationship.
All the teaching of the course is synthesised in a complete illustrated Integral Yoga Teacher Manual of approximately 550 pages, which contains all the necessary theoretical and practical information for becoming a good Integral Yoga teacher!
The manual is available in Portuguese and English.
The assessment and evaluation of the students is continuous throughout the program.
- Presence is compulsory, the students will perform a constant practice of the techniques and interesting homework will be indicated for individual study.
- The course is completed after a final four-hour written examination.
- The final evaluation will be a made having three elements in consideration: the participation during the classes (1), the grade of individual study (2), and the final written examination (3).
Typical daily schedule
09:00 Yoga class – asanas and pranayama
11:00 Basics of practice modules
15:00 Individual study
18:30 Basics of practice modules
22:00 Good night
The schedule may suffer alterations, depending on the specific circumstances at the time of the program.
Carmen and Eugen
See our team in https://www.sundari-center.com/about/
- Minimum 18 years old. There is no upper age limit.
- It can be subscribed by people who have never practiced yoga. However, the practice of yoga involves a high level of self-discipline and interior purity.
- Does not require any certification of previous courses.
- For the entire duration of the course there are prohibited: the consumption of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, black tea and indecent attitudes.
- Even in self-catering, we recommend the ovo-lacto-vegetarian food for all the period of the course.
- To participate in the practical classes, students need a comfortable tracksuit, natural fiber socks, a yoga mat, a beach towel and a support for meditation (optional)
Hostel type, extremely clean, excellent library, and study spaces, with various room typologies: dormitory, double rooms with /without private facilities, single rooms with /without private facilities.
Excellent location in the Center of Funchal, within walking distance for most of the touristic attractions.
This retreat is self catered. Please note that the hostel is equipped with kitchen and utilities and the shopping mall “La Vie” is only 300 meters distance (grocery shop and canteen). We also recommend ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet.
- The practical and theoretical sessions (see Program)
- Certificate of completion, internationally recognized by Yoga Alliance, for RYT200
- 550-page illustrated exhaustive Integral Yoga Teacher Manual
- Comprehensive course training and guidance
- 20 nights accommodation in the Center of Funchal (300 meters from “La Vie” Shopping Center and 800 meters from the Marina)
- 2 training t-shirts
- Continued email support from Sundari Center and its community (after the graduation)
What’s not included
- Transport from and to the airport
- Food and beverages
Price per person
- Dormitory: 1373 €
- Double room: 1467 €
- Single: 1520 €
- Training only (accommodation and meals not included): 1200 €
- A reservation requires a deposit of 35% of the total price
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 40 days before the arrival date
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival
How to get there
Recommended Airports: Madeira Airport (FNC)
Distance from the airport to Funchal: 35 km
Transfer not provided
Please book your flight to arrive at Madeira Airport (FNC). The Madeira International Airport Cristiano Ronaldo CR7 is about 20 kilometers from Funchal Centre and 30 to 40 minutes by taxi or by bus.
Upon arriving on the welcoming airport (code: FNC) there are two options to reach your destination:
The first option is to take the Aerobus to Funchal (SAM Madeira Bus Company). This bus service runs seven days a week (25th December is the only exception). There are several stops in Funchal, making most destinations easy to reach. Tickets may be bought from the bus driver and he will be happy to help you with the information about the address where you want to get off.
Prices: one way: Funchal / Airport – Airport / Funchal: 5.00 EUR;
Return ticket: 8.00 EUR.
All bus stops of the Aerobus have a number and the map and information may be easily found online.
Taking a taxi from the airport to Avenida Calouste Gulbenkian is the other option but the costs are between 25 and 35 EUR (20% extra on weekends) so it is well worth taking the bus.
See below more photos of our courses
The TTC I attended at the Sundari Yoga School was, above all, an evolutionary leap in my spiritual path. Homework help increase my perseverance in daily spiritual practice. I consider the course manual a “bible”, very complete and useful. It was a beautiful and enriching experience, Sofia.
Excellent course that produced transformations in my life and in my being. It has provided me with tools that I have used to help other people to make their “way” and transform their lives, Idalina.