21 days Integral Yoga Teacher Training, August 2019, in Lisbon, Costa de Caparica
9th – 29th of August 2019
Deepen your knowledge of yoga and enhance your personal development with Integral Yoga Teacher Training in Costa de Caparica while being surrounded by the beauty of the natural park and only five minutes’ walk from the beach. The intensive schedule of this course aims to develop the physical and mental capacities of all the participants so that after three weeks of intense practice and learning, you will be able to transmit and teach valuable Integral yoga techniques to your future students.
- International valid certificate, recognised by Yoga Alliance, RYT200
- Comprehensive illustrated Yoga Teacher Manual, with more than 550 pages
- Theoretical and practical teaching methodologies for 88 yoga techniques (asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation, etc.)
- Excellent quality of teaching and one of the most competitive prices in Europe
- Healthy ovo-lacto-vegetarian meals
- 20 nights accommodation
- 2 training t-shirts
- Free pool access
Language and group
20 days with instruction in English/Portuguese
Spoken languages: Portuguese, English, French
The maximum participants in the group is 20
Yoga Styles: Hatha; Kundalini;Kriya; Integral; Nidra; Karma; Bhakti; Raja; Jnana
Skill level: Beginner; Intermediate; Advanced
Students who complete their subsequent training are immediately eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT-200). Registration with Yoga Alliance provides an international recognized credential.
The certificate confirms that he or she has sufficient knowledge and practical skills for teaching Integral Yoga to future yoga practitioners, for beginner and intermediate level groups.
This yoga teacher training teaches the basic theoretical and practical foundations that are useful for becoming a professional Integral Yoga Teacher. The greatest value of this training is the fact that it integrates various types of yoga, which gives to the future Integral yoga professor, after the graduation, the ability to teach techniques from various types of traditional forms of yoga (Hatha, Jnana, Kundalini, Kriya, Karma, Bhakti, Mantra yoga, and more). The course is completed after a final four-hour written exam.
Yoga practical sessions
The practical sessions include the correct execution and the theoretical learning about the benefits and the effects of 88 yoga basic techniques:
- 50 asanas (postures of Hatha yoga)
- 5 techniques of concentration
- 11 meditation techniques
- 4 relaxation techniques, including techniques of yoga Nidra (conscious sleep)
- 12 techniques of pranayama (yoga breathing)
- 6 Kriya yoga techniques (body purification)
Yoga theoretical sessions
- Human anatomy and physiology applied to yoga practice
- The subtle structure of the human being: nadis (energy channels), chakras (energy centers), pancha kosha (the five layers of the human brain), the man and the three levels of manifestation (physical, astral, and causal), Kundalini energy, Jivatma (the soul), and Atma (eternal self)
- The philosophy of Integral yoga system: Yama and Nyama (the ethics and moral codes); description of various types of yoga (Karma yoga, Bhakti yoga, Jnana yoga, Raja yoga); the three fundamental principles in yoga practice; dharma explanation; basics about karma and reincarnation; the description of the three gunas (the three main qualities of nature); the human mind (mental types, the causes of the fluctuations of the mind, the consciousness and the supra-consciousness)
- A synthetic review of five essential yoga treatises: Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, and Shiva Samhita
- The inspiring life of four masters of yoga: Sri Aurobindo, Ramana Maharshi, Swami Shivananda, and Ananda Moyi Ma
- Children yoga practice approach
- Pregnant woman yoga practice approach
- Seniors yoga practice approach
- Healthy lifestyle notions
- Ethics of the yoga teacher profession
- Marketing strategies
- How to manage your own yoga classes
- Yoga and the community, etc.
Yoga teaching methodology: theoretical and practical
Include concepts of the learning process, learning styles, and how to teach the techniques of Integral yoga. During these sessions, you will learn how to give a professional assistance to your future students for a correct realization of the Integral yoga techniques. The professors will also explain how to create a plan of an Integral yoga class (singular or a set of lessons), the sequence of the teaching of Integral yoga techniques and theoretical notions, the personal qualities that a yoga teacher should develop, how to create a harmonious and correct teacher-student yogic relationship.
All the teaching of the course is synthesised in a complete illustrated Integral Yoga Teacher Manual of approximately 550 pages, which contains all the necessary theoretical and practical information for becoming a good integral yoga teacher!
The manual is available in Portuguese and English.
The assessment and evaluation of the students is continuous throughout the program.
- Presence is compulsory, the students will perform a constant practice of the techniques and interesting homework will be indicated for individual study.
- The course is completed after a final four-hour written examination.
- The final evaluation will be a made having three elements in consideration: the participation during the classes (1), the grade of individual study (2), and the final written examination (3).
Typical daily schedule
- 07:50 Prasada (consecrated fruits and tea)
- 08:00 Yoga class – asanas and pranayama
- 10:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 Basics of practice modules
- 12:30 Break
- 12:45 Basics of practice modules
- 14:00 Lunch
- 15:00 Theory modules
- 16:45 Break
- 17:00 Basics of practice modules
- 19:00 Dinner
- 20:00 Modules revision, questions and answers, and individual study
- 21:00 Meditation
- 22:00 Goodnight
The schedule may suffer alterations, depending on the specific circumstances at the time of the program.
Carmen and Eugen
See our team in https://www.sundari-center.com/about/
- Minimum 18 years old. There is no upper age limit.
- It can be subscribed by people who have never practiced yoga. However, the practice of yoga involves a high level of self-discipline and interior purity.
- Does not require any certification of previous courses.
- For the entire duration of the course there are prohibited: the consumption of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, black tea and indecent attitudes.
- Food is ovo-lacto-vegetarian for all the period of the course.
- To participate in the practical classes, students need a comfortable tracksuit, natural fiber socks, a yoga mat, a beach towel and a support for meditation (optional)
Inatel Caparica is located in a wonderful setting, surrounded by a park and five-minute walk to a beautiful 30 kilometers’ stretch of beach. The hotel offers air-conditioned rooms with satellite TV. The rooms of Inatel Caparica feature a modern décor with light colors, parquet floors, and wooden furniture. All rooms have a work desk, a minibar, and a spacious bathroom with toiletries and a hairdryer. The reception of Inatel Caparica is open 24/7. The hotel also offers a games room with a billiard’s table, a children’s playground, and an on-site cash machine. Free Wi-Fi is available in the hotel’s public areas. Facilities include an outdoor pool. Free private parking is available on site.
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- ATM / banking
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Air conditioned
Inatel Caparica is situated in a wooded park right on Costa de Caparica beach in Portugal where the banks of the Tagus River meet the Atlantic Ocean, just a few kilometers from Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS). There may be moments to glimpse and enjoy these surroundings. The area is framed by the “Arriba Fóssil” and “Mata das Dunas” protected areas, Terras da Costa stretches along a vast area of plains, trails, and shrubs. On the horizon lies Nature Park of Arrábida, an area rich in landscape, historical, and cultural heritage – a delight to all who visit. In addition to enjoying the excellent Atlantic beaches, with their clear waters and magnificent sandy beaches, you can tour castles, forts, and convents dating from the 13th and 18th centuries.
- Almada’s city center, 10 kilometers
- Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS), 16 kilometers
- Lisbon’s city center, 17 kilometers’ drive
During this yoga teacher training, you will be provided with daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Your meals will be ovo-lacto vegetarian. Drinks are not included.
- The practical and theoretical sessions (see Program)
- 200-hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Certificate
- 550-page illustrated exhaustive Integral Yoga Teacher Manual
- Comprehensive course training and guidance
- 20 nights’ accommodation
- Daily healthy ovo-lacto-vegetarian meals
- 2 training t-shirts
- Continued email support from Sundari Center and its community (after the graduation)
What’s not included
- Flight and any other travel expenses
- Airport transfer
- Additional food
- Additional activities
- Yoga mat
Price per person
· All included, double room accommodation: 2298 €
· Training, lunch and dinner (breakfast and accommodation not included): 1798 €
· Training only (accommodation and meals not included): 1200 €
· A reservation requires a deposit of 35% of the total price
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 40 days before the arrival date
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival
Things to do (optional)
- Acupuncture consultation and treatments
- Body boarding
- Visits of the Mata das Dunas da Costa da Caparica and Mata dos Medos
- Tour of Igreja de Santiago, Igreja Nova de Almada, and Igreja da Misericórdia – Almada
- Trip to Miradouro da Boca do Vento, Monumento à Natureza, Almada Castle, and Jardim do Castelo
- Visits to Monumento da Liberdade, da Paz, da Vida, and do Cristo-Rei
- Walks on the beaches
How to get there
Please book your flight to arrive at Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS). Transfer not provided
Distance from the airport to the TTC location: 16 km
Transfer to the hotel from the airport is easier by taxi for around 30 EUR, including luggage and tolls. If you pick one from the arrivals or departures, just be sure to ask, before entering the taxi, if the driver knows the place (Costa de Caparica, Hotel INATEL) and how much is the price in total.
See below more photos of our courses
The TTC I attended at the Sundari Yoga School was, above all, an evolutionary leap in my spiritual path. Homework help increase my perseverance in daily spiritual practice. I consider the course manual a “bible”, very complete and useful. It was a beautiful and enriching experience, Sofia.
Excellent course that produced transformations in my life and in my being. It has provided me with tools that I have used to help other people to make their “way” and transform their lives, Idalina.
See here more coments of our courses